A press release is a written statement to targeted members of the media. It is cost-effective and often the quickest way to gain free and valuable publicity for your company and its products or services. It can announce a range of news items, including scheduled events, campaign launches, executive and personal promotions, new products and services, sales accomplishments, awards, etc. In this module, you will create a tailored press release that fits your company’s needs.
Coaching hours: 4
Participants can expect to spend approximately 10-12 hours beyond the coaching hours on completing this module.
What’s in it for you?
- Identify the purpose of your press release and work through detailed data to select specific information to serve this purpose.
- Communicate the “5 Ws” (and the H) clearly and write effective copy for maximum impact.
- Utilize quotes to provide insight and make your story newsworthy.
- Capitalize on publicity by anticipating potential audience reaction.
- Use the press release as a sales tool to drive customers to your company.