Differing opinions can be a natural part of a meeting and sometimes are even desirable to bring forth effective collaboration. However, when discussions get out of hand due to dysfunctional group members, it can create a counterproductive dynamic. In this module, you will create a plan to manage negatively disruptive members to ensure your meeting stays on schedule and achieves its goals – while still maintaining goodwill among the participants.
Coaching hours: 4
Participants can expect to spend approximately 10-12 hours beyond the coaching hours on completing this module.
What’s in it for you?
- Determine your meeting’s main goals and what you would like to achieve by the end of the discussion.
- Conduct an audience analysis to assess the participants’ personality traits and possible reactions to the meeting agenda topics.
- Create neutral discussion topics and formulate planned responses in anticipation of possible conflicting reactions.
- Set designated “speaking time” strategies to keep the meeting on track and ensure that the participants feel heard.
- Plan how to neutrally gather feedback from the audience to meet your meeting’s purpose.