Start by choosing and buying a domain name, setting up hosting, and installing WordPress. Once your site is set up, you will choose and install a theme, and customize with plugins and widgets. You will then enter your content into pages, posts, and headers, and learn the skills required to continually update and maintain your website.
Coaching hours: 4
Participants can expect to spend approximately 12-15 hours beyond the coaching hours on completing this module.
What’s in it for you?
- Install WordPress on your website domain in a live, development/sandbox or maintenance mode environment.
- Use the core elements of WordPress Dashboard to build a website (widgets, plugins, pages, posts, media, comments, and appearances).
- Maintain your website with backups and plugins.
- Create content in the WordPress visual editor and HTML editor.
- Create user accounts for access to publish content.