Accessibility is often overlooked in website design, but thanks to recent legislation like the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), awareness of this key feature is spreading. This hands-on module will introduce you to practical tools you’ll need to effectively identify accessibility barriers that may prevent people with disabilities from fully accessing the content of your website. Identifying the barriers is the first step to ensuring that your website meets AODA web accessibility requirements.
Coaching hours: 4
Participants can expect to spend approximately 10-12 hours beyond the coaching hours on completing this module.
What’s in it for you?
- Test website accessibility using common automated checkers.
- Make use of browser plugins when testing web accessibility.
- Use tools for testing text readability.
- Use tools for testing colour contrast.
- Identify barriers and usability issues using a screen reader.