Call for Submissions: Short Documentary Film Proposals
Theme: “Stories with Impact”
The Experiential Learning Exchange (ELX) at The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Ryerson University is calling on current learners and recent graduates of the Certificate in Film Studies program for short documentary film proposals. The selected project will receive:
- Funding for their short documentary film (up to $10,000 CAD)
- Access to The Chang School Film Equipment Rental Facility
- Access to fully-equipped editing station and green screen studio
- Promotion of film trailer via The Chang School’s various marketing portals
- Access to ELX Coaching from film industry professional
Interested applicants may request an equipment list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum film length: 20 minutes
Duration of production: not to exceed three months
The producer, director, and director of photography must be current learners or recent graduates (graduating in Fall 2013 or later) of The Chang School’s Certificate in Film Studies. This includes Summer Film School. The Director and Producer can be the same person.
Your application must include:
- Completed Application Form
- Outline of Short Documentary Film Project (1-3 pages)
- Resume/CV of Director, Producer, and Director of Photography
- Demo Reel or footage of previous work from Director and Director of Photography
- Ryerson Student ID number or documentation/proof of being active student or recent graduate of Certificate in Film Studies. Contact email@example.com if you require assistance.
- Optional Visual references
- Optional Detailed budget (simplified budget is included in application form)
- If applicable Copy of any necessary legal documents
The Chang School Film Hub’s selection committee will use the following criteria:
- Overall strength of film concept
- Societal impact and importance of film
- Experience level and past work of key film crew
- Feasibility of budget and scale of production
Application Deadline is Friday, March 24, 2017.
Finalists will be contacted for an interview. Please send application and any inquiries about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Chang School Film Hub
The Chang School Film Hub is an initiative from the Experience Learning Exchange (ELX) at The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Ryerson University to support emerging talent in The Chang School’s film community. Current learners and recent graduates of the Certificate in Film Studies will have the opportunity to submit film proposals and if selected, will receive funding, access to equipment, and consultation for their film project.